A Blue Trail (also known as water trail) is a dedicated stretch of river that enjoys special clean water safeguards and is a destination for fishing, boating and other recreation. Just as hiking trails are designed to help people explore the land, blue trails help people discover rivers. Blue trails provide a fun, exciting way to get kids outdoors, connect communities to treasured landscapes, and are economic drivers benefiting local businesses and quality of life. Blue Trails become a community resource.
Trail opportunities abound in the 4 Rivers region.
- Ware: Hardwick to Gilbertville to Ware to Palmer Design begins in 2020 – towards a fall 2022 launch! See draft maps in home page postings…
- Quaboag: East Brookfield to Warren
- This trail is moving forward now! Completion in 2019.
- Final Upper Quaboag Trail Map: Quaboag-BT-map-7-31-18-FINAL
- Chicopee: Red Bridge to Ludlow/Wilbraham/IO, 2020 opening
- Swift: Bondsville to Three Rivers-future
Quaboag Trail Note – see updated notes below…
The original access has had some improvements put in place in the spring of 2022 and is passable. Path has rip rap in place.
OTHER RIVER CONDITION ALERTS – LINK