A Blue Trail (also known as water trail) is a dedicated stretch of river that enjoys special clean water safeguards and is a destination for fishing, boating and other recreation. Just as hiking trails are designed to help people explore the land, blue trails help people discover rivers. Blue trails provide a fun, exciting way to get kids outdoors, connect communities to treasured landscapes, and are economic drivers benefiting local businesses and quality of life. Blue Trails become a community resource.
Trail opportunities abound in the 4 Rivers region.
- Ware: Hardwick to Gilbertville to Ware to Palmer Design begins in 2020 – towards a 2021 launch!
- Quaboag: East Brookfield to Warren
- This trail is moving forward now! Completion in 2019.
- Final Upper Quaboag Trail Map: Quaboag-BT-map-7-31-18-FINAL
- Chicopee: Red Bridge to Ludlow/Wilbraham/IO, 2020 opening
- Swift: Bondsville to Three Rivers-future
Quaboag Trail Note
RIVER CONDITION ALERTS – LINK