- In 2022, we intend to continue bacteria sampling at key river locations and add new sites as funding allows. We are exploring chloride sampling and perhaps macroinvertebrate sampling come late summer.
- 2022 restoration will again focus on invasive water chestnut removal at 2 locations and scouting for any additional sites.
- For 2021, we began Bacteria sampling June 10, thanks to local towns, lake groups and Country Bank support! Also volunteer support to sample!
- Restoration focused on Invasive Water Chestnut removal from the Oxford Marsh and Red Bridge areas on the Chicopee River.
- For 2020, C4R continued monitoring Bacteria at key river use areas and where new funding support facilitates additional new sites.
- In 2019, we conducted a bacteria study of the lower Quaboag, Rt 32 to Three Rivers,.
- Recreational Bacteria studies
- 2015 -With funding in place, we sampled at 3 sites along each of the Quaboag and Chicopee Rivers. July thru September. See report below.
- 2016 – We expanded our sites list to 13 along ALL 4 Rivers of the watershed, Many towns are supporting this effort! Report below.
- 2017 – C4R again performed sampling, expanded to 7 events, June-September at 10 sites. Report below.
- 2018 season completed. Sampled 11 sites, report due by years end.
- Stream Temperature study (on hold)
- we have spirit thermometers and pH strips for use by volunteers to perform weekly readings at designated sites.
- C4R is planning a baseline survey of select streams using a multi-parameter meter to monitor pH, conductivity, temperature and DO. (on hold)
- Lower Chicopee storm water project. Bacteria sampling.
- The main purpose of this project was to identify storm water inputs which impact water quality. The design for this project began in 2015 with site identification. Project field work resumed May 2016, collecting data at 17 sites to identify “hot spots.” Chicopee River 604 B DRAFT Final Report 7-12-17
- Stream continuity-crossings surveys
- These surveys measure and record the condition of road stream crossings. Plan is to assemble 2-3 person teams and spend a few hours to visit selected sites.
If you wish to volunteer contact C4RWC
2015 Bacteria sampling C4RWC 2015 Bac-T report a
2016 Bacteria sampling c4rwc-2016-bac-t-report-final
2017 Bacteria sampling C4RWC 2017 Bac-T report
2018 Bacteria Sampling C4RWC 2018 Bac-T report
2019 Bacteria Sampling C4RWC 2019 Bac-T report FINAL
2020 Bacteria Summary C4R 2020 WQ Bacteria Sampling Results
2021 Bacteria Report C4R2021-BacT-report
2021 Lower Chicopee SEP SEP2021report-C4R