- contact: email@example.com
Kick-Off – April 20TH PHCC 7-8 PM
Water Chestnut Pulls – Oxford Marsh
- Saturday, June 24, 9 AM (Rain date 6/25 @ 1 PM).
- Saturday, July 15, 9 AM. (Rain date Sunday, July 16 @ 1 PM)
- Saturday, Aug. 12, 9 AM (rain date Sunday Aug 13, 1 PM)
- Final sweep late Aug?
- Red Bridge when possible, mid June
Paddles (Details on all will be posted soon) updated May 7, 2023
- May 13 Ware RBT – service day
- May 27 Lower Ware RBT – inaugural paddle
- June 17 AM, Chicopee RBT
- June 25 — PM, Upper Ware RBT – inaugural paddle
- July 22 Quaboag RBT
- August 19 – Swift
- September 16 (Ware-Barre)
- October 21 (Lower Quaboag)
- Palmer – Laviolette Field, 4/22/23
- West Brookfield – Rt 67/9, 5/6/23
- Source to Sea?
- Clean ups
- Sat March 26, Gilbertville/New Furnace, 9 AM
- Sat April 23, Three Rivers/Laviolette, 9 AM
- Sat April 30, Indian Orchard/Water St, 9 AM
- Sat April 30, W Brookfield, 67/9 access 9 AM
- TBD: Putts, S2S, Blue Trail sites
- WRBT work
- Sat March 26, New Furnace clean up
- Sat April 16 @ 9 AM, Upper Church St, Ware, site prep
- Hardwick sites TBD (April/May)
- TBD rescheduled Robbins Rd, Ware, sitework
- Bennet St site work – June TBD
- Other work TBD (sign mounting, kiosk build/install, mat install)
- Water Chestnut Pulls
- Oxford Marsh
- Sunday, June 5, 1 PM (raindate June 12….or Friday, June 3)
- Sunday, June 26, 1 PM (Raindate TBD).
- Saturday, July 16, 9 AM. (Raindate afternoon of Sunday, July 17)
- Saturday, Aug. 13, 9 AM (rain date Sunday Aug 14, 1 PM)
- Saturday, August 27 AM final sweep?
- Red Bridge – TBD
- Bacteria Volunteer meets – May
- Bacteria, THU AM = June 9&23, July 7&21, Aug 4&18, Sep 1
- Lower Chicopee River survey, TBD
- Benthic Program TBD, Aug & Sep
- May 21 – lower WRBT (Robbins Rd-Bennet St)
- June – TBD
- QRBT paddle, June 13, 1 PM, East Brookfield to Quaboag Pond NEW DATE
- Water Chestnut pull, June 19 @ Oxford Marsh, Chicopee
- June 27 – afternoon CRBT paddle & WC recon
- possible WRBT volunteer work thru summer/early fall-be on the the look out!
- QRBT paddle, July 17 postponed-weather
- water chestnut pulls, 7/10 & as needed
August – Quaboag River Blue Trail paddle Aug 21
Join Chicopee 4Rivers on Saturday August 21 for a paddle on the Quaboag River Blue Trail. Gather at 830 AM at the Quaboag Pond boat ramp and paddle to Rt 67/9 rest area. We launch by 9 AM … It’s a 7.25 mile paddle.
Coming with a friend? consider car pooling and place a car at the end then meet at the pond.
- May – Care 4Rivers Challenge!Since we cannot yet gather, what’s the next best thing? Solo service or Safe Space river stewardship. What’s this? C4R has a number of river access locations along our first Blue Trails, they might need a spring cleaning. So if and when (in May) you can, bring a trash bag, stop by a site, BE SAFE, and pick up any trash you see, throw it in your trash at home. If there is a serious piece of debris, let us know and we will see what we can do about it. Whatever little we can do, helps a bunch!Sites: Indian Orchard/Water St, Putts Bridge/River Rd, Collins Portage, Red Bridge lower, Stevens Rd/E Brookfield, Quaboag Pond launch, Rt 67/9 rest area, Lucy Stone Park.
- July? – opening paddles: pending pandemic issues
- Bacteria sampling-begins in July
- Water Chestnut removals
- Summer Fun paddles
- Ware River Blue Trail planning
2019 Spring !
- April 11, THU – C4R night at the Iron Duke – Thanks to all who came by!
- April 20th Chicopee River Blue Trail clean up, 9-12 AM C4R-Earth Day Clean Up 2019 POSTPONED DUE TO POOR WEATHER…NEW DATE TBD…
- April 27th Three Rivers-river clean up, 9-12 AM . Thanks!
- May 4, 3R TRACK Arts Fest, come visit C4R 11-3.
- May 4, W Brookfield, 67/9 QRBT access clean up, 9-12 (part of town wide event)
- May 11 C4R paddling event. QuaboagRBT Paddle May 2019
- June – Bac-T sampling starts, Plus invasive water chestnut removal from lower Chicopee River, Solstice paddle – details mid May.
Details on these appear as links.
With C4R’s RTP-DCR grant, we are mobilizing to make both the Quaboag and Chicopee Blue Trails a full reality. So, C4R will be holding a number of OUTREACH sessions to engage local folks to help us prepare final efforts.
- March 22, Thursday @ 630 PM Brookfield Congregational Church
- April 3rd, Tuesday @ 7, Wilbraham Library
- April 5, Thursday @ 7 PM West Brookfield Selectman’s meeting room, town hall
- April 19, Thursday @ 7 PM, Palmer PD meeting room
- April 21, Saturday, lower Chicopee Blue Trail clean up & paddle, 9 AM Ludlow Elks.
- May 6, Sunday, Indian Orchard access clean up & paddle, 1-4 PM, Water St.
- May 5th… see C4R @ TRACK event in Three Rivers, 10 AM – 3 PMMay 1
Valley Gives: C4R will be an organization you can support on this day of giving,
Your support helps us make your rivers accessible and clean. Early Bird donations begin 4/26…. Help C4R help Care 4Rivers
Annual Summit 2018 – Nov 4, Fine Success.
Our 2017 event listings:
- Quaboag Blue Trail opening paddle set for June 10! It was a great day!
- July 22 Sat, Grenville Park, Ware on Ware River, another great outing!
- Clean ups S2S, Sep 22/23 @ Third Street-Palmer/Bondsville
Summit in November – Nov 12, 2017
- 2015 Kick off gathering, Sunday March 1st. Thanks to all who came – good start to 2015!
- “Earth Day” clean ups & Blue Trail events
- Saturday April 25 clean up at access along Rt 67/9 interchange 10 AM ℅ West Brookfield Lions
- Saturday May 2 QQLA sponsors a clean up at the Quaboag Pond launch, 9 AM
- Sunday May 3, 1-4 PM, C4RWC will sponsor a clean up of the accesses at River Rd in Wilbraham near Indian Orchard and the lower Red Bridge access. THANK YOU !!!
- QUABOAG RIVER Blue Trail meet – May 7 THU, W Brookfield Town Hall @ 7 PMCHICOPEE RIVER meet – May 14 THU, Ludlow Elks Club, Chapin St, Ludlow @ 7 PM
- upper chicopee paddle June 7
- Quaboag paddle July 2
- March 17th in W Brookfield – Upper Quaboag Blue Trail @ 7 PM, town hall11/22/15 WATERSHED SUMMIT @ PHCC IN 3R-PALMER, MA SEE HOME PAGES2S Clean up Saturday 9/26/15 at 2 sites: Indian Orchard and Bondsville/Palmer, 8-12 DONE, THANK YOU!
- PaddlesJune 18 Indian Orchard/Chicopee RJuly 16 Quaboag RAugust 20 Ware R
- River Clean up May 21st, First St Bondsville/Palmer, MA – success – thank you!S2S September 25 Bondsville, Thank you!
- C4R will be at the TRACK arts festival in Three Rivers/Palmer on May 6, come hear our story at 1 PM.