From source to sea, C4R is the voice for the 4Rivers of the Chicopee River Watershed. Those who joined C4R on Saturday 11/12 heard a lot of what’s up with C4R, the progress being made in forming our voice. It was also a gathering of folks who enjoy our 4 Local rivers: Ware, Swift, Quaboag, Chicopee.
The 2016 Summit’s theme was “C4R: a Vital Link for Healthy Rivers & Communities” The guest speaker from MA DEP shared insights on the important role watershed groups play in protecting water quality and enhancing river access. C4R did get a number of great ideas from our speaker!
Our 2016 accomplishments:
- Advanced Quaboag Blue Trail layout, refined trail map
- Monitored 13 river sites for bacteria to inform recreational health of the river
- Received broader community support on projects
- held 3 paddling events, 2 major clean ups
- continued to organize our governing body with bylaws and planning fund raising
We are next embarking on 2017 plans and welcome more community support.
C4R = Care 4 Rivers = Chicopee 4Rivers Watershed Council